Friday 25 November 2011

How I got here

Well I never in a million years thought I would be the type to write a “Blog”, but it seems I have some interesting stories to share, and this is a one stop shop to get the word out.

For those of you that don’t know my deal, I just moved to Wollongong, Australia about two weeks ago. Prior to settling here, I was living in western Canada. In an attempt to escape the cold and join forces with my boyfriend from across the globe, I set out on an adventure of a lifetime.

How did this happen you ask? I was travelling with Nicole, my best friend and roomie from Calgary, Alberta. Nicole and I met six years prior studying in Prague, CZ.

So March 2011, Nicole and I decided South America was one continent we hadn’t yet conquered. We set out to experience the notorious Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. Our first day in Rio, we were sitting in our hotel computer room (attempting to book accommodation at our next destination) and began chatting with two Aussies, also having trouble with the internet connection.
 Adri and Antonio had an interest in exploring the main sites of the city as well, and it just so happened that Adri (born in Brazil but now living in Oz) spoke Portuguese. Nicole and I jumped at the opportunity to tour the city with two blokes, as Rio was the opposite of safe for two female travellers. 

And the rest is history… Good 'ol Lapa! 












No comments:

Post a Comment